ProSync is seeking a Software Engineer Level 2 with experience using Java & C++ to join our team.
Title of Position: Software Engineer Level 2
Description of Position:
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS)/Government-Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Education and Experience Required:
Fourteen (14) years software engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Five (5) years experience in the following:
- Object Orient Programming, C, C++, Java, J2SE, XML, Visual Basic Suite including Visual Source Safe, J Builder, Windows Development Environment, Windows Client and other commonly uses programming language
- Digital Signal Processing; Field Programmable Gate Arrays
- Cloud infrastructures; VERITAS, UNIX/LINUX
- Cloud Big Table, Cloud Distributed File System, MapReduce Analytics, Hadoop, and HBase
- Certifications: Cloudera Certified Hadoop Developer and Oracle/Sun Certified Java Programmer
- Smart data tagging; virtual computing; thin client applications
- Understanding of RF: HF, VHF, UHF, VLF, SHF SIGINT systems
- Collected Signals Data Format (CSDF); geolocation, emitter identification, and signal applications; porting applications into new IT
- Scripting language; Linux/RedHat
ProSync's executive team creates and expands business opportunities, recruits talented and intelligent technology professionals, and fosters a company culture that empowers ProSync professionals to shape and mold the direction of their careers and the direction of ProSync. Employees of ProSync Technology Group, LLC and applicants for employment shall be afforded equal opportunity in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, national origin, disability, sex, age, or marital status.
Email Staffing@prosync.com for more specifics regarding the position.