Education and Experience Required:
- Either a Doctorate plus four (4) years, OR Master’s plus six (6) years, OR Bachelor’s plus eight (8) years, OR Associate’s plus ten (10) years, OR H.S./GED plus twelve (12) years.
- Must have mid-level Unix/Linux system administration & engineering experience.
- Experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of monitoring systems.
- Shell scripting.
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
Must possess experience of system engineering in one or more areas including telecommunications concepts, computer languages, operating systems, database/DBMS and middleware.
- A thorough understanding of UNIX and UNIX scripting are important, along with familiarity of SGI systems.
- Familiarity with Oracle/Storagetek ACSLS tape libraries, as well as Quantum Scalar libraries; and with managing DataDomain data deduplication/virtual tape libraries and Netapp filers.
- A good understanding of ssh is necessary, and familiarity with AMASS, StorNext and Netbackup is a plus.
- An understanding of Java, Perl, Bash, and SQL is important.
- Familiarity with DSS would be a welcomed plus.
- The ability to interface in a professional manner with non-technical customers is important. Initiative, communicating, and listening are important to the success of this position.
- Must be open to the possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), anticipate less than 5%.
ProSync's executive team creates and expands business opportunities, recruits talented and intelligent technology professionals, and fosters a company culture that empowers ProSync professionals to shape and mold the direction of their careers and the direction of ProSync.
Employees of ProSync Technology Group, LLC and applicants for employment shall be afforded equal opportunity in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, national origin, disability, sex, age, or marital status.
Email Staffing@prosync.com for more specifics regarding the position.