Education and Experience Required:
- High School/GED +12 years’ experience OR Associates +10years’ experience OR Bachelors + 8 years’ experience OR Masters + 6 years’ experience OR Doctorate + 3 year experience
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
- Strong experience managing large scale databases
- Oracle: Database Management, primarily Oracle 10g, 11g, and 12c. This includes troubleshooting, performance tuning, and familiarity with Oracle networking; along with Automatic Storage Management (ASM), and Real Application Clusters (RAC).
- Understanding of Oracle installation and patching processes, along with service request handling and understanding of Oracle OEM, Grid Control, DbConsole, and 12C Cloud Control; and Oracle backup and recovery features, especially RMAN (Recovery Manager) for backups
- Must be available for on-call support.
- Must be open to the possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), less than 5%.
- Experience with the Linux and Windows operating systems is required to create database server installation scripts
- BASH and Powershell scripting
- Familiarity with storage arrays, backups, and NAS’s/SAN’s
- Performance tuning on backup/recovery issues and archive systems management software.
- Experience with Oracle 10g, 11g, and 12c
- Familiarity with the following:
- Best practices in relation to creation of aggregates, volumes and iSCSI LUNs
- Zoning hosts to storage via command line interface
- NFS, CIFS, and iSCSI protocols
- EMC, IBM, and Hitachi (Vion) storage arrays
- Oracle databases, PL/SQL, and other scripting languages
- Robotic ACS controlled library
- Oracle, Quantum, or IBM tape libraries and tape drives
- Isilon and NetApp clusters
- Vfiler (virtual filer) operations
Experience in Linux and Solaris environment
Familiarization with ticketing systems (i.e. SM7, SM9, Remedy, etc.)
In addition to Postgres, and Oracle, exposure to other databases such as MySQL, Sybase, and SQLServer is a plus
ProSync's executive team creates and expands business opportunities, recruits talented and intelligent technology professionals, and fosters a company culture that empowers ProSync professionals to shape and mold the direction of their careers and the direction of ProSync.
Employees of ProSync Technology Group, LLC and applicants for employment shall be afforded equal opportunity in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, national origin, disability, sex, age, or marital status.
Email Staffing@prosync.com for more specifics regarding the position.